Saturday, June 23, 2007

LateNightBikeRides

Carbondale, IL
Saturday June 23

This is day 3. Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois.

Kentucky was the bomb diggities. I mean, I was completely exhausted once I arrived at 10p. I had half a beer and fell asleep with all my clothes on. I wouldn’t of had it any other way.

The next morning Will left lovelady and I the sweetest note on his laptop. He gave us directions to go to this ridiculously cool café called 3rd Street Stuff in Lexington, Kentucky. After an hour and a half of trying to operate the shower, calling my lifeline Eric Lovemonster in NJ to tell me how to operate the shower, and showering Lovelady and I actually made it to 3rd Street Stuff.

Needless to say, 3rd Street Stuff was uberly cute. It was a definitely a queer space in the middle of Lexington, KY. And I definitely bought a pin that said bent on it J

The drive yesterday went quite fast. Perhaps it was because I was traveling at speeds of 90 miles an hour or greater.

Or maybe it was the hour we got back because now we are in central time.

Carbondale, IL gets 1000 punk rock points. LoveLady and I are staying in this old punk house from the early 80s called the old cross. It’s pretty rad; I’m not going to lie. The people who come through the old cross have been so nice to us.

Our yesterday in Carbondale went something like this: arrive in town chill on the couch, go far a walk to another cute café, eat hummus and pita, drink lemonade, eat quess-a-dillas, walk back to the old cross hang out on the porch for an hour talking to another old black man who was definitely all types of drugged up, go swimming or let me say watch lovelady and Taylor love monster go swimming, cook a delicious dinner, get drunk, go to a punk show, drink some more, go for a 3am bike ride, get kicked out of a hospital parking lot for trespassing, ride some more bikes through Carbondale, watch the frat boys play bean bags (yes bean bags!) and end on a couch in Taylor’s old apt. to knock out for the evening.

It was a very full day.

I feel pretty good on this day 3. Lovelady and I have been vibbing very well, but that’s no different to how we usually are together.

We actually talked about getting married and raising a love child togetherJ We also had conversations of what living on a commune with all you crazy lovemonsters would look like. It looks like pretty cool.

I miss danny. I miss Kevin.

I miss Natalia. I miss eric.

I’m excited for red wallets and stories of Indian summers.

I’m definitely California dreaming every other minute.

Well lovemonsters. This is it for now. Thanks for tuning in.

LoveLoveLove.

No comments: